Photo by Lloyd Bishop/NBC
Each page will feature a special note to one person, place or thing and a photograph of the recipient. He highlights a wide array of topics from Hillary Clinton to a lightbulb he's too lazy to repalce.
Kim Niemi, Senior Vice President of NBC Universal Television Consumer Products Group said, “Jimmy’s keen sense of humor and wry wit really shine in these segments and we are very excited to bring them to the fans in a collection of books." Here are a few gems:
1. "Thank you, slow walking family walking in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk on the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace."
2. "Thank you, Miley Cyrus, for being 16 and acting like a stripper at the Teen Choice Awards. If you REALLY wanna piss off your dad, why not just cut off his allowance?"
3. "Thank you people who give me homemade jam as a gift. What are we, Quakers? Exactly how much jam do you think I use? You know this is going to sit in my fridge for three years until I throw it out to make room for beer, right? Just checking."
4. "Thank you horseradish, for being neither a radish nor a horse. What you are is a liar food. (I’m looking at you, too, Grape Nuts.)"
5. "Thank you people who say 'Wow, you’re really photogenic,' for not saying what you really mean: 'Wow, you’re really ugly in person.'"
If you like the book, you might want to send Jimmy a thank you. You can pick up a copy at amazon.com and be sure to watch him weeknights on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35 a.m. EST/ 11:35 Central on NBC.
For related stories check out:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Post a Comment