Monday, December 3, 2012
The Science Fiction Universe… And Beyond Giveaway
You’ll have to wait until 2014 to see the next installment of the Star Wars saga so you have plenty of time to brush up on all your sci-fi trivia between now and then. What better way than with a copy of the new book The Science Fiction Universe… And Beyond by Michael Mallory. And we’re happy to announce that thanks to our partners at Syfy we have a copy of their comprehensive compilation to giveaway.
This dynamic book chronicles everything from George Melies’ iconic 1902 film, A Trip to the Moon, to the most well-known superhero alien, Superman. Dive into the nostalgia and excitement of classic favorites like Planet of the Apes and Tron, and re-familiarize yourself with newest titles: The Avengers, Transformers and Avatar.
Although we only have one book to give away, you’re in luck. Syfy will be airing its 20th Anniversary Special on Monday, December 10 at 9 p.m. EST/8 p.m. Central, featuring many of the familiar faces, stories and sci-fi staples seen in science fiction and related imagination-based genres.
Official Giveaway Rules
1. Program Description/Eligibility: No purchase necessary. This promotion is open to Pop Culture Passionistas readers who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. The promotion begins on December 3, 2012, and ends on December 12, 2012 ("Entry Period"). Only one prize will be awarded.
2. How to Enter: Send an email with the subject THE SCIENCE FICTION UNIVERSE GIVEAWAY to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must contain your full name and complete mailing address for prize delivery if you are declared the winner. You can enter once per day. On December 13, 2012, one winner will be selected in a random drawing from eligible entries received to win a copy of the book The Science Fiction Universe… And Beyond. Random drawings will be from among all entries received during the entry period. No responsibility is assumed by Pop Culture Passionistas for lost, late or misdirected entries or any computer, online or technical malfunctions that may occur. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
3. General Conditions: Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Pop Culture Passionistas, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this giveaway. This giveaway is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrants further grant to Pop Culture Passionistas the right to use and publish their proper name and state online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Pop Culture Passionistas to use winners' name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Pop Culture Passionistas, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or any prize won.
4. Internet: If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Pop Culture Passionistas that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Pop Culture Passionistas reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the giveaway. Pop Culture Passionistas assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Pop Culture Passionistas is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Pop Culture Passionistas on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this giveaway.
5. Winner Notification: Winner will be notified by email and announced on the Pop Culture Passionistas website on December 13, 2012.